Saturday 2 January 2021

Adieu 2020, Hello 2021

Looking back at 2020 and realising it is the year i probably shed the most tears in my 31 years.
Not sure if its gotta do with my accumulating years but i found solace and release in crying (or should I just say, my emotional muscles and tearducts just went into overdrive, or gave up control).

I've done it in public, on trains and buses. For everyday happenings as small as...
When quarreling with an MRT staff who caught me eating my bread on an escalator en route to the MRT barricades. (I swear i didn't know eating where I did made me liable to a fine)
When feelin' exasperated with the boyfriend (ha!)
And not forgetting on my birthday, I even replicated what I did when I came into this world as a naked baby.

On a more sombre note, For deaths in the public sphere.

Of a worker whose dormant yet malicious illness suddenly took him away at my father's company
Of celebrities who left us in the most unexpected and tragic wats whom I might not have known personally but only through the TV screen, whose deaths also shook many others.

2020 was a year that was as helpless as it was a springboard for growth. Forcing us to change. To adapt. To accept what we can't change.

2020, I will always remember you.


Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment